Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Ideas

The great thing about what I do and the medium I choose to work with is that I can create WHATEVER I want!  With that in mind I just wanted to share my latest idea with you all.  I've been thinking about creating a candle with a pink ribbon - the universal symbol for cancer.  Part of the proceeds I would donate to a cancer charity.  The reasoning behind this is that my mother had breast cancer at the young age of 36.  She was treated successfully, thankfully, and has been clean for almost 30 years.  Yay!  Without advances in cancer research, however, who knows what would have happened.  That is why this is dear to my heart.  (We all know, as well, that this can be genetic.  As soon as I turned 30 I started having mammograms and they haven't found anything yet I'm pleased to share with you all.)  Anyway, haven't made one yet, but in the process.  Thought I'd share the idea and see what u all thought.  Leave my some comments.  I'd love to hear what u think.

No comments:

Post a Comment